"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 7--Our Last Day--Magic Kingdom

Friday, April 17th--This was our final day. We were sad but also happy to get back home and have some good sleep and rest. The kids seemed to throw some kind of tantrum or fight just about everyday so we knew they needed to get back into a routine as well. We made our way into Magic Kingdom. We started out the morning with a Winnie the Pooh character breakfast. It was very yummy. The buffet had so many choices and we enjoyed them all. It was probably the first meal the kids ate where we actually felt we got our moneys worth. Usually, most of the meals they were picky and wouldn't eat much, with this delicious breakfast they chowed down! After we filled our tummies we decided to pick some of our favorite rides and go on them. We made it to every section of the park and Nate even got me to go on Pirates of the Caribbean (I hate dips!). I found some fun things at the pirate shop. We did Haunted Mansion again too. We made our way over to Toon Town and it was still crowded but we took the time to go through anyway. I was glad we did! We went on the Jungle Cruise again and got to sit in front. We were close enough that we had hoped Brady would be asked to drive the boat, like Elise had. For some reason, the "tour guide" didn't pick a child to drive this time around. Brady didn't seem to mind too much. As part of our vacation package, it came with a dining plan. We had been frugal all week and realized we didn't need to so today we were getting snacks galore with our credits. Nate was able to have a few of his favorite Disney treats, pineapple Dole whips. With the heat we got plenty of ice cream and frozen lemonade. (which would explain the extra pounds I gained even though we walked miles and miles everyday!).
As the day got hotter and hotter, we found a little spot in Fantasyland that was shooting out water from the ground. The kids went over and got soaked but enjoyed themselves. Nate and I sat in the shade and watched them while we cooled off.
Nate, Brady and Elise also discovered an interest that had them searching all over the park. They realized they like the penny press machines and decided to buy one every time they found a machine. Elise used the last of her money to buy a special book that holds them. By the time we left they had got 17 of them. They probably could have filled the book if we had started at the beginning but they had fun today.
We stayed in the park quite late. It was pretty cool to see Cinderellas Castle light up and change colors.
Nate heard the park was open till 3:00 am so he went back with us to the hotel and helped me finish up packing then he went back alone. He got back at almost 3:00 am. The next morning he told us he was able to go on any ride he wanted with little to no wait. Pretty crazy but he had fun and that's what matters.
As we walked away from the park I got a little sad. Our vacation was over. As Nate and I talked, we realized Disneyland is just as fun and much closer so I don't see us coming back to Disneyworld anytime soon.

1 comment:

Doney Days said...

It was fun to read all about your vaca and see the pics. I've been to WDW twice (both times while Dan was on his mission) and I've decided it is fun, but I enjoy Disneyland better. There's just something about the original! Glad you guys had fun!