
Thursday, July 9th--Oh what an amazingly fun day! My Aunt Maureen owns a boat and stores it at Deer Creek Reservoir in Provo Canyon. She invited the kids and I to go boating today. Also coming along was my cousins, Cindy and Carly. I knew we'd ha

ve a blast and we did! When we got there I lathered the kids and myself in sunscreen, we got our life jackets on and then all got in the boat so it could be launched. Oh, and Maureen had a HUGE tube the employees blew up for us. Maureen took us out to the middle and the first on the tube was Cindy, Elise and Carly. At first, Elise had a very nervous smile but eventually her smile was just pure enjoyment as

Maureen drove the boat all around and they bumped and splashed. Next was my cousin, and Maureen's daughter, Catherine and her friend Kimmie, with Elise in the middle. Again, they had lots of fun. But then it was just Catherine and Kimmie's turn. Maureen drove really "nice" while my kids were on the tube but when only adults were on she went crazy and it was hilarious to watch those on the

tube screaming and laughing as they splashed and bumped really high. The tube never flipped though...phew! It took Brady a while to decide to go on but once he did he had a really good time too---he insisted he ride with Catherine! Carly and Cindy were up next and they got flung all over the water! Then it was my turn to muster up the courage to go on. I am a total wimp, like I've mentioned before so I was really nervous. Maureen told me she'd

take it easy. Once I was on and riding around I realized it was totally fun and she could have even sped up a little more. We were having so much fun and then the wind picked up and the waves started to get higher which meant

we had to come in to shore. It was a bummer but it was also lunch time and we were hungry.
There is a restuarant next to the dock so we got out of our wet clothes into dry ones and sat down to eat. The food was excellent and we spent plenty of time visiting. Again, it was a truly awesome time at Deer Creek Reservoir. And we get to go back in two weeks....this time with Nate and we'll make sure there are no kids on the tube when he rides....MUUAHHHHAHHHH!

No comments:
Post a Comment