"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Boating at Deer Creek Reservoir.......Again!

Thursday, July 23rd--Another fun boating experience! This time Nate was able to come with us and he absolutely enjoyed it! We met up with my aunt, Maureen, her daughter, Catherine, and my other cousin, Cindy, at the resort on Deer Creek Reservoir. Today was incredibly hot so we put the shade thingy (sorry, don't know the real name) over the boat and it helped tremendously. The water was perfect! Not once did the waves get so high that we had to come in, which apparently never happens. Usually, by around 2:00 the waves are high enough that all the boats have to come in. First, Maureen took the boat out a ways and everyone jumped in to swim and cool off for a bit. Elise and Brady were a little scared at first but once they were in the water they seemed to enjoy it. I didn't go in because I didn't want to get my hair wet (yeah, a little vain and pathetic but we had errands and a date night before we would go home that night).
The first on the tube were Cindy, Elise and Nate. They had a great time. I could tell Elise was much more relaxed this time around. We noticed the tube was losing air very slowly, which would make getting off and on a little more of a challenge, but it held out for as long as we used it that day. Nate had a great time! Next it was Catherine, Brady and I. Because of the holiday weekend, there were many more boats out so we ran into wakes quite a bit more which made things pretty crazy on the tube. At one point I thought we were going to fly off (crud, my hair! ha ha) but I gripped the handles tight and made sure Brady was secure as well. After we were back on the boat it was time for Maureen to do some crazy drivin' while Cindy and Nate rode on the tube. It was hilarious to watch them jump and splash and then, finally, fly off the tube! Something we didn't think could happen with this particular tube. It was so funny! Cindy hurt her back a little but bounced back quickly. As she was resting, Catherine and Nate got back on for another crazy ride. Nate decided to sit in the middle in fear he would surely fly off again with the weight being disproportionate. The faces the two of them made are priceless! They both managed to stay on, just barely. Next was Nate, Elise and I. Once again, plenty of wakes and at one point I accidently elbowed Elise in the arm while, at the same time, Nate accidentally elbowed her in the head. We fully expected her to scream bloody murder either while still on the tube or right after she got back on the boat but she never did---is she growing out of her "drama queen" phase? Please, yes! She was brave and she said it didn't hurt all that much. Phew!
After a few hours we were ready to go back to shore and have some lunch. One final thing Cindy and Nate tried were knee-boarding. It was a funny sight to see, as neither had ever done it before. Both biffed it every time and realized the knee board was probably a little too small for them. From there we headed into shore with Catherine out wake boarding. She's pretty good at it. I can tell it takes a lot of upper arm strength.
We had a wonderful time! We ate lunch at the restuarant there and then we headed into Salt Lake to drop the kids off at my sister, Alishia's house so Nate and I could end the day with a much-needed date night. We have season passes to Desert Star Theater so we went and saw the current show there. It was hilarious!
What a great day! It was long but wonderful. Maybe this will get Nate thinking about a boat of our own? Hmmmmm..........just like Disneyland, I wish!

No comments: