"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, July 10, 2009

Salt Lake City Pass--Day 3

Saturday, June 27th--This day was by far the busiest! We started the day out by watching the Lehi Parade with friends. The kids got TONS of candy and we had a great time. It was a long enough parade that by the time it was over it was lunch time. We headed to Sweet Tomato's (one of our family favs) where we ate till our stomachs were tightly loaded with delicious food. After that we headed to the aquarium in Sandy. It was, eh, okay. I expected it to be a lot bigger with many more exhibits--much like the ones in Washington. The exhibits they did have were pretty cool and the kids enjoyed watching the sting-rays in the pet tank, they wouldn't touch them though. Once we got them away from the gift shop (and believe me, that was quite the task!) we headed up to Snowbird Ski Resort to ride the tram.
Snowbird's weather was perfect, just slightly cool. There were plenty of things to see on our walk up to the tram station. At the tram station the operator loaded up the tram and then we headed up to the top of Hidden Peak. I HATED that ride! It was slow, we were high above the ground, the tram would swing and I realized there's a massive amount of people on the tram and it's hooked onto some pretty thin wires. Once we got to the top the view was quite beautiful. We could see the Salt Lake Valley on one side and then, we think, Heber Valley on the other side. The kids really loved playing in the snow but freaked me out one too many times as they got a little too close to edges where there were pretty large drop-offs. We stayed on Hidden Peak for about 30 minutes. I was thankful, kind of, to get back on the tram and head back down to Snowbird. While on the peak my legs shook the whole time. I felt like such a wimp! I hate having such a fear of heights. The tram ride back was much better and faster, I was able to relax and enjoy it. I know Nate and the kids really loved it and I was happy to see them enjoy the experience. Next time, I may just stay at the bottom and shop!
I bought the kids a Snowbird t-shirt and then we were off to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, in Lehi. Brady and Elise were fascinated with the dinosaur bones and how tall they are. There were plenty of hands-on experiences, including playing in sand and water and creating little islands for the plastic dinasaurs. There was also an area they could "dig" for bones.
We left the dinosaur museum exhausted. What a day...what a couple of days! It was sure fun though. Something we'll love to do again. It didn't take long for Brady and Elise to fall asleep at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

It all sounds like so much fun!! I'm so glad you were able to make this a part of your summer memories this year.