"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Easter, 2010!

Sunday, April 4th--As always, we had a wonderful Easter morning! To start the morning off, we were greeted with.......snow! I don't think I can recall a "white" Easter before. It was pretty weird and, unlike Christmas, not really appreciated. Oh well. Anyhoo, the Easter bunny hides all the baskets and then we all look for them in the morning. Of course, the kids decided to find my and Nate's baskets for us. We all got plenty of sweet treats. Each of us got a DVD (Elise got "The Princess & the Frog", Brady got "Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Nate got "Sherlock Holmes" and I got a 2-in-1 "Ever After" & "Never Been Kissed"). The kids got a few toys, coloring books, and games as well. Since it was General Conference we were able to just relax at home, chomping on Easter treats and enjoying the talks at GC. Later on we travelled up to my sister, Alishia's house, in Salt Lake, for a huge turkey dinner. I used some of our hard-boiled eggs we dyed the night before to make deviled eggs---YUM! Everything was delicious and a great way to end our Easter day!

No comments: