"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Friday, May 7th--Brady's preschool class did an adorable singing presentation for all the moms. It was so much fun to be able to go. His class sang two songs and then each child handed us moms a plant they've been growing and a questionnaire each child answered about their mom. So here's what Brady's said:
Why do you love your mom? Because she's my mom
My mom looks prettiest when: She goes to exercise (it's gotta be the Captain EO t-shirt I wear!)
My moms favorite food is: Peanut Butter Sandwich (add some strawberry jam and it's a fav!)
She is happy when: I love her
My mom is 34 years old. (great job remembering Brady!)
If my mom could go anywhere she would go: to the store (not quite, unless the store is in England or Egypt!)
Her best friend is: Kerri
Her job is: working (yup, that about sums it up!)
Brady's sweet little program earned him a kids meal at Arctic Circle. He was in heaven and so was I, thinking about how much I'm loved by my kids!
Elise came home from school with a beautiful plant she grew as well. Along with it came a questionnaire she answered as well. She drew fun pictures of each answer. I had some good laughs!
So here's what Elise said:
My mom is happy when: I do my jobs
My mom is sad when: Our cats died and we had to give away Bohdee (so true, so true)
My mom gets mad when: I don't do my jobs (grrrrrr!)
My mom smells like: perfume (courtesy of Bath & Body Works)
My favorite food my mom cooks is: white chocolate pumpkin cookies (they are delish, I must admit!)
My favorite thing about my mom is: She bakes
My mom looks funniest when: She wears her disco outfit (ahem, refer to here)
My mom looks prettiest when: She goes on a date.
If I could give my mom something special it would be: A beautiful dress (awwww, so sweet!)
My mom gets scared when: We get in a car accident (tru dat!)
My mom laughs when: Funny things are on the computer
My mom loves me when: I love her
I love my mom because: She loves me
I want to say thank you mom for: Being so special (tearing up!)

Such sweet kids, they are! The rest of the weekend was crazy hectic but Sunday was pretty nice. I got to sleep in, which was good because I went to a rock concert (30 Seconds to Mars) the night before and didn't get home till 1:45 in the morning. When I woke up there was a little display by the fireplace. I wish I had taken pictures! There were cards galore. The cards were very special and written with lots of love by Elise, Brady and Nate. While I haven't got it yet, I'm getting a very comfy outdoor/camping chair from Cabela's. It's what I want the most. Nate will be getting one for Fathers Day too, just a little early so we can bring them both camping in a few weeks.
When we got home from church, Nate cooked up a delicious dinner. We had pork roast, baked taters and Texas toast. Yum! Shortly after dinner we went to Nate's parents house for dessert. We brought a red velvet cake from Costco. My mom said it's really good and it was. Not as good as Dippidee but pretty good. We visited for a bit then went home and put the kids to bed. The peace and quiet was wonderful and I reflected on another Mothers Day. I know not every woman gets the privilege to be a mom. Motherhood is a blessing, one I don't take for granted. I am so thankful for my children, they mean so much to me. I can't imagine my life without them and look forward to so much more in store for both of them.

No comments: