"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Murder Mystery Party--Staying Alive--70's Style!

Friday, October 30th--My awesome friend, Kerri, put on a Murder Mystery Party--Staying Alive. It was a 70's theme--Nate went as "John Revolting" and I went as "Gloria Stunnem". I think John is quite self-explanatory but Gloria's character description is an independant feminist that likes to dress sexy (thanks Kerri! ha ha). I sent out to find a disco costume for Nate. You'd think that would be easy right around Halloween, eh? WRONG! I went to 5 different stores, including a Halloween warehouse, and there weren't any to be found. PLEH! Finally, my friend Heather, called me from Walmart (a place I had already looked with no luck) and said they had them. I told her to please grab one for Nate. Phew, mission accomplished! Next was trying to find something for me. I found a dress at Walmart that could look convincing and a scarf to wrap around my hair. I combed out my styled hair to make it frizzy and brought out the bright-blue eye shadow. OH, since my character was a feminist I decided my little contribution to that was not to shave my legs for a few weeks! Totally true! I didn't quite make it a point to show them off, I wore long, black boots. he he he (yes, I know that being a feminist doesn't necessarily mean unshaven legs!) Nate looked surprisingly sexy in his disco outfit but opted not to do the 70's hair-do.
Kerri borrowed a cooking device called a "raclette". It was pretty cool! It's a small grill with little metal dishes underneath that cook things up as well. Perfect for dinner parties since you put it in the middle of the table, plug it in and grill away! Kerri had strips of steak and chicken, along with shrimp, potatos, bread and cheese. It was so yummy! Everyone else brought side dishes, appetizers and dessert. While we ate our delicious meal, we began the murder mystery. My character had some secrets, including that she was once a man AND that she was the murderer of Jackie Fever! It was so much fun! Plenty of laughing and acting. What a blast!
Kerri was Lyza (last name ?), her husband, Grant, was Andy Warthog. Heather was Diana Rush, her husband, Clark, was Bruce Leap. Dawn was Sunny and her husband, Eric, was Share.
Ya gotta love those wigs! LOL!!

No comments: