"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 2--I'm Thankful For My Chillins

Monday, November 23rd--Many years ago I thought very little of myself. I thought I was undeserving of all the happiness others experience on a daily basis. I never thought I would find the perfect man to marry and if, by some miracle I did, we wouldn't be able to have children. I had no physical or health problems to back my feelings on this.
The day that pregnancy test was positive, the first time, I couldn't believe it. I had convinced myself it could never happen. Then a week later I was incredibly sick and had all the typical symptoms of a pregnant woman. I felt Elise move at 22 weeks pregnant.......it was so magical. She finally cooperated for Nate and moved for him at 24 weeks pregnant. It was all reality now and I finally believed I was deserving. I knew she would be born healthy and perfect, that confidence came from the most amazing blessing Nates dad, Dan, gave me. Dan gave me the same kind of blessing when I was pregnant with Brady. Both were born healthy and perfect.
I still have those moments where I am shocked and amazed at the fact that I'm a mom. It's not always an easy job but I experience moments of joy and happiness every day with these crazy kids. I love Elise & Brady SOOOO much and can't be thankful enough for being allowed to be their mom. I say it all the time, I hope I can always be the mom they deserve to have.


No comments: