Monday, November 16th--So I was reporting my daily "status" on Facebook and decided it would be an expression of my annoyance of the song "Christmas Shoes" and the fact that the radio stations playing Christmas music (which I LOVE) seem to be playing that song far more than I would prefer (meaning, don't play it at all, thank you very much!). What can I say? Yeah, it's suppose to be touching---it does have a sweet, tender message but the guy that sings it has a horrible voice and, I dunno, it's just annoying (by the way, I feel the same about that "Butterfly Kisses" song too!)! So, shortly after, Nate posts something on my Facebook "wall" making a joke about me becoming a "fan" of said annoying song (yep, I said "annoying" again, get the point yet? he he he). So I commented back that he became a "fan" of ANY Michael Bolton song. You see, Nate thinks Michael Bolton's voice is annoying every bit as much as I think the "Christmas Shoes" guys voice is. So I also mentioned I'd be playing him a MB song shortly.......and, I did. I went to
http://www.playlist.com/ and chose a version of "White Christmas" MB did a while back. The ending part is the best for driving Nate crazy as MB holds notes, dips and dives notes too. It almost looked like Nate was grinding his teeth as he endured the torture I placed upon him. It was awesome! (note: DO NOT even joke about me liking or being a "fan" of "Christmas Shoes"! My revenge will be swift and harsh! ha ha ha) I happen to like a lot of MB songs and even his version of "White Christmas" is pretty nice. As I was searching for a "perfect" MB song to play for Nate I came across a song of MB's I truly love. He doesn't have the best voice, I'll give you that, but he chooses or writes music that is beautiful and the message is INCREDIBLE. He recorded a song years ago called "Once In A Lifetime". Strangely enough, this song is not popular, I don't know why, I think it's the best one he ever did. Here's a
YouTube link (the video someone did to the song is very odd but it's the best one I could find unless you wanted to watch a video about Luke & Noah being each others one true love!)

Anyhoo, when I first heard this song I remember thinking how much I wanted to feel that way when I found my one true "Mr. Right"............and I do! I hope Nate doesn't mind that every time I hear this particular MB song that I'm reminded of why I love him so incredibly much and how lucky I am. He is the "once in a lifetime" for me. Perhaps he'll be forgiving of being associated with a MB song knowing how much I feel blessed to have him in my life whenever I hear it.
If you can't bear to listen through a MB song (I understand, you either love or hate him, there's no middle ground!) here's the lyrics to the song---I hope you've found that special person you feel this way for!
Once In A Lifetime
Some people fill their lives, with empty nights,
And days that slip away
Some search till the end of time, but never find,
The open arms of fate.
One moment comes along, someone who's a dream to you,
All at once your dreams come true.
[Chorus}
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love
For now and forever, one love that never ends.
Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky
Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find
Just once in a lifetime,
Some people live their lives in compromise,
And hide their dreams away
Some never take the chance, within their hands,
To claim the prize they make
When faith is all you need, to hold the hand of destiny
Find the love that's meant to be
[Chorus]
If you believe in the power of love
And you believe that dreams come true
Magic will fill your heart, when that moment comes along
Just once in a lifetime
Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky
Will shine with one reason, leading you home to the one love you find
Just once in a lifetime, just once in a lifetime.
2 comments:
I hate, hate, HATE the song "Christmas Shoes." I am sooooooooooo glad I found someone else who is on my side. That song is just depressing, & who wants to be depressed at Christmas time? Plus, you're right, the guy's voice is truly annoying.
Everytime I hear that song, Christmas Shoes, I think of you now. But I agree...it drives me nuts! My sister HATE Michael Bolton too. The end of your post was very sweet!
Post a Comment