"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 5--I'm Thankful for GREAT Food!

Thursday, November 26th--HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I just spent the entire day either cooking food or eating it. Elise did an excellent job setting the table. The turkey was nice and moist (Martha Stewart you rock!), the gravy took a little while to get perfect but it was just that. The mashed taters were smooth, no lumps. The rolls and veggies, celery with cheese whiz, stuffing. Sparkling Cider fizzing in our mouths. It was all so great! Then there was the dessert......woah baby! Pumpkin cheesecake, mini cakes from Dippidee---that was only the beginning! We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. My sister, Alishia, and her family came to eat with us. We had a wonderful time with them, as always. I'm truly thankful for them and all the love and affection they show Brady and Elise.
After we said "good-bye" to them we headed to Nate's parents house where most of his family was still around. We ate dessert there, so delicious, a pumpkin roll from Schmidt's Bakery, homemade banana, pumpkin & apple pies. Just amazing. Needless to say, we all overate today. I don't regret it a bit, it was all so good. I enjoyed every little bite thoroughly.
I hope everyone was able to enjoy a scrumptious Thanksgiving and ponder on the hundreds, even thousands, of reasons we should all be thankful!

No comments: