"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 7--I'm Thankful For Living In the Moment

Saturday, November 28th--As I was driving around running errands today I came to a realization that made me a little sad. Elise is almost 8, which means, in only a few more years, that Christmas "magic" we've all enjoyed ever since the kids were babies won't be present anymore (you all know what I'm talking about). Soon she'll figure it all out and it won't be as "magical" anymore--I think I was 9 or 10 when my big sister opened her big mouth! It made me sad. I know once she knows that Christmas will still be wonderful. I just remember once I knew, things just weren't the same anymore. I still loved Christmas and have always but knowing SC doesn't come to my home made a difference.
I'm going to try my hardest not to think about it anymore and just live in the moment, enjoy the "magic" with my children, put on all the movies about SC and just soak it all in. I know, by doing that, it'll be an amazing Christmas--as will all Christmas's I get to share with my family. My family is what I give thanks for the most.
I discovered a really cool website, in case your little kiddies are wanting to send SC a wish list: http://www.santaclaushouse.com/ (I SOOO want to go there!)
Mail wish lists to:
Santa Claus House
101 St. Nicholas Drive
North Pole, AK 99705
Your kids should receive a letter back with a postmark stamped: North Pole, Alaska.


No comments: