"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My 35th!

Wednesday, September 22nd--I gotta admit, my birthday kind of got put on the backburner as we prepared for the upcoming Walk to Cure Diabetes. It didn't bother me. My awesome team, the money we've been able to bring in, all the amazing support--that has been my best birthday present. I asked all our family to consider donating to the JDRF rather than giving me birthday presents. They did not disappoint and were rather generous in their donations--I can never thank them enough! For that, and so many more reasons, this have been one of my best birthdays!
I did insist I get to order a cake from my favorite bakery, Dippidee. Just like last year, I got a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and a pumpkin mousse filling. SOOOO amazing! Nate got me Wii Legos Harry Potter (I wanted it SO bad!) and Wii Legos Indiana Jones #4 (I have the first 3) and a movie. He also got me some favorite candies. My mom found something after Christmas last year that she knew I wanted--the official Christmas Story leg lamp. So be watching for that come Christmas right in the front room window! This one is not breakable! ; )
I am touched and appreciate all the birthday wishes on Facebook and through birthday cards. I feel really special!
As far as 35 goes, meh....this year I've discovered vericose veins and spider veins forming on my legs. Blech! I thought I wouldn't have gotten those till much later in life. I guess this is a physical sign I AM getting old! Still, I feel young at heart!

No comments: