"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our Yearly Pilgrammage To Silver Lake

Monday, September 6th--Well our yearly trip to Silver Lake was quite disappointing. As I've said before, we go up to Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon every Labor Day to celebrate the anniversary of Nate proposing to me up there in 1999. We bring a picnic and walk around the look, observing wildlife and natures beauty. This year it was so crowded we didn't even go near Silver Lake. It was quite upsetting. I've never seen it so crowded. Since we started this tradition we've noticed every year it gets more and more crowded. In the beginning we had no problems at all.
We ended up driving more up to Brighton Ski Resort and parked next to an area of rocks and set up our picnic. We still had plenty of chipmunks getting close to us to see what we had to offer them. We found a walking trail that led up a hill following a waterfall. It was quite a work-out but the weather was nice and cool and we ended up making the best of our situation. We still had a great time and I'm thankful for that. I just have a feeling we'll be saying "farewell" to our Silver Lake tradition and making another one.

No comments: