"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Full Week With Bohdee

Monday, September 22nd--It has been an absolute crazy week with our new pup, Bohdee! I can honestly say I am exhausted. Last Tuesday I took him to the vet to get his first round of shots and have a check-up. Much to my great frustration, it was discovered Bohdee's ears were full of thick, wax-coated, fox tails (pointy weed). The vet said his ears were quite infected and by the looks of them, looked quite painful. My poor pup! The fox tails were deep enough into his ears they had to sedate him to get them all out. I left Bohdee in the great hands of the vet and his techs and rushed home to call the woman we bought him from to chew her out for such neglect. Previously, she was very kind, full of advice and willing to help in any way. Once I told her she needed to help pay the extra, almost, $200.00 in costs for Bohdee's ears, she turned into quite a witch. I was disappointed and have decided not to even bother collecting from her. Once I picked up Bohdee and got him home he just wanted to snuggle and stay close to me. I realized I saved him from any more days of pain and discomfort, since he was neglected prior to us picking him up. The next day Bohdee was a different dog. He's more responsive, curious, and willing to venture away from the family room. I spent most of last week sleeping on the couch to help him get more comfortable in our home. He sleeps in a port-a-crib and has slowly been figuring out ways to escape. He's also proven he LOVES to chew things, including my laptop power cord! Oh, the humanity! We've enjoyed having him so far and plan on getting the chewing thing taken care of ASAP. He's potty trained and eating really well. The kids adore him and love to play with him every chance they get. They've also learned to pick up after themselves so Bohdee doesn't take their things to chew on. For the most part, other than the "present" he left on my living room floor today, it's been great! I finally have the straightened up house I've always wanted!

1 comment:

Britt said...

Poor puppy! I would have been furious. At least now he can have a better life and be loved.