"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, September 26, 2008

My Willow Tree Nativity Set

Friday, September 26th--As I mentioned before, I've been wanting to complete my Willow Tree Nativity set for 2 years. My dear friend, LaDonna, started it for me after I expressed a sincere desire to own it. I never expected her to do so, it was so very generous, but she gave me the main set for my birthday, in 2006, and I am still so touched by her sweet gesture. Since then, I've wondered if I should start buying the other coordinating sets or just ask for them for Christmas or birthday. The sets are kind of pricey so I didn't really want to buy them myself. This year, for my birthday, was the first year I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted other than completing my set so I combined all my birthday money and gift cards and went to Hallmark. I was able to buy everything but the "creche" (stable) and two of the farm animals. The original set came with Joseph, Mary/Jesus, shepherd, 2 white sheep, 1 set of stars, and the donkey. So you can see there's much to this set. I love it SO MUCH I can't bear to pack it up and only display it for Christmas so it will stay in my living room year 'round. Maybe for Christmas I will complete it once and for all. Once again, I can't think of much I would like for Christmas other than a Wii and Wii Fit. Nate's not too keen on that idea. Aw, shucks!
Thanks again, to my family, for contributing to such a wonderful birthday gift. And thanks, LaDonna, for being such a special, dear friend!

No comments: