"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day At the Dentist

Tuesday, October 7th--Right after Elise got home from school, the kids got their teeth scrubbed and then off we went to Greenwood Dental. This was Brady's first official cleaning so we had Elise go first to see how the "pros" get it done. She did beautifully, no complaining, no whining. The only thing she hated was the flouride at the end (When I was a kid, I always hated that stuff at the end too!). The x-rays showed no cavities! WOOHOO! That means she got to be a part of the "Tuffy Tooth Club" again. It sounds like a big deal but really, she just got to pick either a t-shirt or toothbrush with motor. She chose the t-shirt, in pink. Dr. Greenwood said she needs to see an orthodontist, the teeth coming in don't have enough space and are coming in crooked.
Brady, on the other hand, holy moly, what a nightmare! You'd think watching his sister and all go smoothly, he'd be willing to sit down and get his own teeth checked. Nope, not even close! He screamed from the very beginning. The dental tech gave up and asked Dr. Greenwood to come in and take care of business. He opened Brady's mouth and had things done faster than I've ever seen! They wanted to do more but it was just impossible. He also does not have cavities. Phew! He chose the Transformers motorized toothbrush. Dr. Greenwood told Brady if he calmed down and promised to be good at his next visit then he could pick a prize today. Brady, as he whimpered, said, "No!" So, no prize and of course, that didn't go over well! We left the dentist with a very happy little girl and a very disgruntled little boy. Can't please 'em all! I'm just glad neither of them have cavities!

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

I'm glad they don't have cavtities. That's always a relief! Except, I've never had that relief with my kids. One of them always at least one cavity.

Britt said...

Aren't trips to the dentist fun? I am glad that they have no cavities. Both Caitlin and Jessen have had multiple cavities for a combined total of $6,000 in dental bills. Yikes!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I love Greenwood Dental...they are so good with kids! Congrats on no cavities!