"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

UEA Weekend--A Day At the Zoo

Saturday, October 18th--We didn't make any travel plans this UEA. A short while back I had been asked to teach at a Cub Scout Pow Wow at BYU. Since we hadn't made official plans to do anything that weekend it didn't feel right to say no so we made little plans. While I taught at the Pow Wow, Nate took the kids to Hogle Zoo. I missed being with my family but I'm not a zoo fan and, as much as I try, it clearly shows when I go to a zoo. Since they all like the zoo they picked a place I wouldn't feel like I missed out on. They had a great time! Nate said they loved playing more than seeing the animals. Apparently, much has changed and Nate was, somewhat, disappointed with what's been done and which animals have been taken out. Nevertheless, I think the pictures say it all. They had a great day and I did too! I'm so glad I was asked to teach at the Pow Wow. I'm still learning so much about Cub Scouts (I'm a Stake Cub Scout Unit Commissioner). It's an amazing program for the boys and I'm beginning to enjoy it more and more. I was asked to teach the Cub Scout basics and terminology, which was good since that's all I know right now! ha ha ha Overall, we had a great UEA weekend. Mostly, we were able to just relax and be together as a family. The kids fought a little more than usual but sending them to their rooms cured that. I'm not sad about not traveling. It always seems to be so exhausting and takes a while to recover after we get back. I guess we'll plan a vacay during Spring Break--I bet you can guess the place! ; )

No comments: