
Tuesday, October 28th--Yes, my friends, a tragic loss has occured today. My good, long-time friend and companion is no more. So sad, indeed. My dear hairbrush. It's been through so much! Thick and thin, long and short (I had my hair layered and cut short just to lighten the burden of my aging friend), feathering and straightening, it's been through so much. When I had bangs, it did a marvelous job. It had the privilege few people ever have, being able to run it's smoothe bristles through my hair--something my own husband has never been able to do! It's been clogged up with gel and hair spray and took the extreme hot temps as I washed it clean. It's been around for many years.......many, many, many years.......Today, the handle broke as I was busy ratting my hair to style it for the day. Such a trooper! Farewell, my sweet "Hairy". You were so brave to take on hair like mine. You will be missed, I only hope my new brush will do the same and last as long.
Don't cry for me, people, I will recover.......but it'll never be the same again.......a moment of silence please........
2 comments:
Haha! I feel your pain! I, too, had a favorite hairbrush that has been with me since Jr. High. It broke, so I had Mike superglue it back together. That worked for awhile, but then it broke again. So, I had him superglue it again and then wrap it in duct tape. That lasted for about another 3 months, but alas, it broke again. At that point, I finally gave up and bought a new one. Sad, sad day!
Oh my holy fudge. I can't believe you actually blogged about your brush. Seester.. you need more of a life. haha!
Post a Comment