"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bear Lake--Day 1

Sunday, August 9th--We headed out today and made our way to Bear Lake. The kids and I have never been to Bear Lake and Nate hasn't been since he was a teen. It was a LONG drive. About a 1/2 hour before we reached the lake we were on winding roads in Logan Canyon and Brady got car-sick. Luckily, I brought my big mug and we avoided a huge puke mess. Of course, I had to wash that thing out a couple of times before I decided to use it again. When we reached an area where we could first see the lake I was in awe. It was so beautiful and blue. I looked forward to the few days ahead.
We spent our time there at a KOA near the lake. My sister came with her family and two dogs (one being Bohdee, I miss that little puff ball!). We rented a two-bedroom cabin. Much to our disappointment the cabin was quite smaller than thought. The entire cabin was about the size of two bedrooms with one bathroom---and there were 10 of us, including the dogs. Needless to say, not much privacy but we managed. Nate, the kids and I were camped in the living room on a futon and an air mattress. There was a room with a full-size bed where Alishia, Shad and the dogs slept and a tiny room with bunkbeds where my niece and nephew slept. Cozy, indeed!
Our first day we got there in the late afternoon and unpacked. Nate took Brady to play at the playground and then the two went on a hay ride. The rest of us scoped the whole KOA out. It was a nice campground. Had we booked earlier there were even cabins with hot tubs (wow, was I jealous of those peeps!). We ate dinner and hung around the cabin.

No comments: