"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

FHE At the Mt. Timpanogas Temple

Monday, July 27th--One of our favorite family activities is a picnic at the temple. We usually go to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple and eat in a park across the street from the temple grounds. The kids eat pretty fast so they can run around. This time they made a new discovery in being able to climb many of the trees in the park. Nate played hide-and-go-seek with them for a little while while I stayed on our blanket and watched, giggling at how funny my kids are. Elise's strategy was to always hide in a tree and Brady followed whoever wasn't it. Then instead of waiting to be found he would pop out and say "Here I am!".
We all walked to the temple grounds and the kids asked some questions and brought up some memories they've had at the last two temple dedications we've attended (Draper and Oquirrh). It was a great experience on a very beautiful evening. When we were done we drove to JCW's for some ice cream cones (as hard as it was I resisted one of their delicious shakes, I wanted one bad!).

1 comment:

Melanie said...

sounds like a good time. there is a In-N-Out going in American Fork to answer the question on my blog.