
Monday, August 10th--Today we started out with cooking a big breakfast. Everyone filled up on scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, and french toast. Then it was time to get ready and go boating for the day. Shad and Alishia just bought a fancy new boat and we were happy to be able to go on it with them and enjoy some time

on the lake. The weather was a little chilly but it warmed up throughout the day. Shad took us out to the middle of the lake where Nate, Elise, Brady and Samantha had some swim time. It was cold at first and Brady's lips turned purple so we brought him in to warm him up. It didn't take long before he wanted to be back in the lake

swimming. Looking at the depth guage and seeing we were in 100+ feet deep water kind of creeped me out in going in myself. I don't know why, but it did. Alishia brought the dogs for their first trip on a boat. We were curious to see how they would do in the water. Asia, did really well because she had experience

but Brady's first time didn't go so well. He freaked out so both were brought back onto the boat to dry off--meaning the shook like crazy many times getting everyone wet.
Once the swimming was done we blew up the two-seater tube and all of us took turns on it, except Alishia. Brady and I got on and I

noticed right away the tube wasn't blown up all the way so I kind of slumped into the tube. Once we got going I noticed it was hurting my neck pretty bad so we had to cut the ride short. It was a good thing because Brady didn't seem to like the tube this time around.
Shad got us going really fast and crazy when Nate and Jacob were on the tube. So much that Jacob ended up gulping a lot of water. Both flew off the tube and Jacob

ended up puking a little (which all of us in the boat said "gross!"). Shad made sure he took the boat through many wakes and it was a blast! After about 4 hours, we were all done and ready to go in and take naps back at the cabin.
We had taco salad for dinner and then Nate and I went for a long bike ride. (we bought

a bike rack and brought our bikes, I was so glad we did!).
It was a great day an

d we all crashed pretty early that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment