"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy 34th Birthday, Nate!

Wednesday, August 19th--A very Happy Birthday to my amazing husband, Nate! I wish I could say we were able to make this day absolutely amazing for him but it was loaded with last-minute things to do before Elise's first day of school the next day, open houses for Elise and Brady, work, soccer practice and church meetings. Nate had a busy work day as well. In between open houses I brought out his cake (from Dippidee, the BEST!) and we sang to him, then he opened his presents. Elise and Brady gave him a piano book of popular "Simpsons" songs. I got him a GPS to use for travel but also to do some geo-caching. I figured he might enjoy doing some of that since there's quite a few places to geo-cache in Eagle Mountain alone. He seemed to like both. Then we ate that amazingly delicious cake! Right after it was off to another open house then work and so on.
The night before, since I wouldn't have time today, I made Nate his dinner of choice: homemade lasagna. I made plenty so he could eat it throughout his birthday as well.
Nate,
I hope you're able to enjoy an incredible year full of lots of good times and great memories. I love you so much and am so blessed you are such a huge part of my life! Brady and Elise love and adore you so much and have been so happy to be able to celebrate your birthday too!

No comments: