"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bear Lake--Day 3

Tuesday, August 11th--This was a LOOOOOONG day! We all slept in, grabbed some breakfast, packed stuff for lunch and headed out on the boat again for an all-day trip. Once we got the boat launched the kids and Nate did some more swimming. Then Shad took us to the middle of the lake and turned off the engine so we could all have some lunch. As some of us were finishing up, Jacob decided to feed a few of the seagulls hanging around the boat looking curious. Eventually, everyone else got into the fun of feeding the gulls (don't know if that was legal or not!) and by the time the bread was gone we had almost 20 of them hanging around the boat. It was insane! Our tummies full, it was time to cruise. I asked Shad if I could drive the boat (it was my first time ever) and he said "yeah, sure". I was so nervous and excited all at the same time! I got it going, it was pretty bumpy and jerky at first but then I got comfortable and we cruised! It was so much fun! At one point, Shad saw something floating in the water and had me turn around to see what it was. Well, it ended up being a life jacket that must have flown off someone else's boat. Shad decided to grab it and take it as a finder's keepers thing. It was pretty funny. After I was done driving the boat Brady and Elise wanted turns and they did really well and loved it.
Then we met up with Shad's aunt and uncle and his aunt hopped aboard and Shad wanted to try water-skiing. It took several times for him to get up but once he did, he did a really good job. The other times were just dang funny to watch him biff it! (sorry, Shad, they just were!) Then it was time to blow up the two individual tubes and tie them up for some "bumper tubin'". Shad and Jacob were up first. Holy moly, it was so funny watching them! They both attempted, several times, to bump each other off their tubes. I was laughing so hard! Both flew off their tubes and then it was Jacob's and Nate's turn. They went a few times around and, once again, incredibly hilarious. Shad had a lot of fun driving the boat into various wakes and trying to flip Nate and Jacob. We all laughed and laughed! Then we talked Brady into going on with Nate for a little while. It didn't take long before he was done. I think he was worried he was going to fall into the water.
After 6 hours, we begged Shad to let us be done and go back to the cabin. Everyone was tired, cranky and some of us (me, specifically) had been holding our bladders for a few hours! We made it back to the cabin where we rested for a while then ate dinner. Shad BBQ'd up some yummy burgers and dogs. It was our turn for dessert so we drove up to Le Beau's for some shakes. Nate and I split a Snickers shake (so good, the best Snickers shake ever!) and then we ordered a famous Bear Lake raspberry shake for Shad. I had a taste and it was....okay. I didn't get the hype over raspberry shakes. I should have tried some of the other places too. It seemed like they were kind of skimpy on the raspberries.
We got back to the cabin and Shad built a fire in the pit. He, the kids and Nate roasted hot dogs and had a good time chatting. Since we were leaving the next day, I decided to get a head start in packing up all of our things. I got most of it and loaded a bunch in the car. My hope was to get everything packed and loaded so we could leave early enough to enjoy some time in Logan, since I had never been there before.
Once again, we all went to bed early---what a day! A fun day!

No comments: