"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brady's 1st Day Back To Pre-School

Friday, August 21st--Brady has been pretty anxious for this day to come and, I must admit, I have been too! What this means for mom is 2 hours, 3 times a week, ALL TO MYSELF! What I intend to do with those hours, I do not know yet. Probably a variety of things! Brady had his open house on Wednesday. We were able to meet his teacher, Mrs. Smart. She's a very nice lady, I know she'll do great and be what the kids in her class need her to be as they get prepared for Kindergarten next year. Part of the lesson plans will be bringing home books to start reading. That's crazy to think of but also exciting too! A few hours after the open house we met with Mrs. Smart, again, and the director of Learning Dynamics, Mrs. Dipko. We sat down with them to go over Brady's diabetes care. Fortunately, there were no problems at all last year so we anticipate the same thing this year. We went over signs and symptoms to look for when Brady might be too high or too low and how to use his glucagon kit, should he become unconscious. I had 3 expired kits so I brought them and showed Mrs. Smart and Mrs. Dipko how to administer the glucagon. They did a great job and both feel confident they can do what needs to be done, should something ever happen.
As far as we know, Brady only has one friend from last years class but he says he already made friends his first day---I believe that! And on his very first day he got to be the class "special helper". When I picked him up he was all smiles! I can't believe it's only one more year before my baby is in Kindergarten! As I always say, time flies way too fast!

No comments: