"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Monday, September 22, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday? It's My Birthday Too!

Monday, September 22nd--Yes, it's my birthday today. The big 33. Yep, feelin' a little "old", I guess. However, it has been a wonderful birthday! Nate has made the weekend and today so great. Saturday, he let me relax and take it easy. Sunday, he made homemade lasagna for dinner. It was yummy. My sister, Alishia, and her family came over. She brought some cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory (frozen, from Sam's Club, actually, but quite tasty!). We visited and then Nate brought out presents for me. He got me a blender that makes smoothies, "Meet Joe Black" DVD, a DVD with 3 John Candy movies and Willow Tree "3 Wiseman" figurines to add to my Willow Tree Nativity. I got some cash and a cute candle thingy from my parents. Alishia got me a gift card. Elise and Brady helped make my birthday weekend nice by trying so hard to get along and make cards and pictures for me.
Today, Nate took the day off and did everything. He took the kids to school and then picked Brady up. He took my car in to get a new battery. He did the dishes, fed me lunch and made up a bubble bath for me. He also took care of the kids and Bohdee. After I got home from work we drove up to South Jordan to go to Applebees for dinner. Most of Nate's family came. We had a great time visiting and eating yummy food. Then off to Nate's parents house for cake and presents. Nate asked me what I wanted for my birthday cake and was pleasantly pleased to find out I just wanted a home baked yellow cake with fudge frosting---my fave! He baked it earlier and it tasted great! I received some wonderful gifts from Nate's family and lots of hugs. I especially loved the cute cards my nephews, Christopher and Xander, made me. With all the cash and gift cards I got I am able to complete the rest of my Willow Tree Nativity set. It started with the basics and now I'll have the whole thing. I've been waiting for this for two years! A great birthday, indeed!
Nate, again and again you know how to make me feel so special. It's not just on birthdays or holidays. Just last night I was talking to my mom. We were talking about whether or not she and I married our "knight in shining armor". There wasn't even a hesitation, I told her I married mine. I mean that with all my heart! Thank you for making my birthday so wonderful. The few birthdays I see as my favorites include you. I love you so much!

7 comments:

Britt said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like yours was fun. I'm glad your family knows how to party. :)

The French Family said...

Happy B-day Audra! Glad to hear you had a wonderful day!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Happy b-day!!!

Polly said...

Happy birthday!- I am finally starting to participate in the blog world. We miss you guys! The kids are so big!

davidcarriebrownfam said...

I didn't even know it was your birthday. Glad it was a good one!

Doney Days said...

What a sweet hubby! Sounds like a wonderful birthday!