Friday, October 10th--I should have posted this on Wednesday but forgot so here goes. Elise had her first SEP conference for 1st grade. We sat down with Mrs. Mair to see how she's progressing so far, this year. Once again, I was amazed at Elise's abilities. Every night she is sent home with a book to read and pass off. Nate or I will listen to her read and help with any words then we ask her a series of questions to make sure she understood what she read. Mrs. Mair said she expects her students to be at a post-Kindergarten (level C, 3-4) level right now---Elise is at a 2nd grade level (level H, 13-14) and is being bumped up another level. She also gave Elise a list of 100 words and she was to see how many she recognized. Mrs. Mair expects her students to know about 40 of the words, Elise knew 89. Sweet! Her math skills are also above average. I know she gets that from her dad, imagine that! We're so proud of our little girl! Great job Elise!And, just to make sure she's still a typical 6-year-old in some things, Mrs. Mair said we need to help her work on appropriate times to "chat". She's been caught a few times chatting with her friends instead of doing her work, in particular, that very day of the SEP! Silly Elise! Other than that she's a great helper and friend. Mrs. Mair switched the classroom around and told me she put a shy, quiet girl next to Elise because she knows Elise will be her friend and help her not be so shy. That felt good to hear. She also said Elise is very respectful to the other students and Mrs. Mair. While there are times we don't always see these amazing qualities in Elise, it's nice to know she's doing so in school. Again, great job Elise! We love you!
**Above is her 1st grade picture. I love that she's missing teeth, too cute!

2 comments:
Yes, we, too are amazed at the comments we receive from Keven's teachers and would like to see more of "school Keven" at home! Also, I'm glad that she didn't do her mouse creepy pose for her picture. It's a good pic!
I had to LOL when I read this post about Elise. It is soooo similar to what I wrote about Christopher after his SEP on Thursday.
We've got some good smarty pants genes in this family.
WAY TO GO, ELISE!!
Post a Comment