"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Biking To School!

Friday, August 21st--(This post was suppose to go before Brady's 1st day back at pre-school but I forgot.) My neighbor friend, Kathy, and I have decided we're going start dropping off or taking our girls to school via bike. We'll alternate. I'm pretty happy about this decision as it's a part of the way I'm going to make my life more healthy. I think it'll be good for Elise too. She seems to love riding her bike anyway. We can usually get to school or back within about 15 minutes and the trail isn't bad at all, a few small hills. We'll be biking to school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, the days Nate is able to work from home. Tuesdays and Thursday are when Nate goes into work so he can't watch Brady while I drop off or pick-up the girls. Brady still uses training wheels so it makes for slow going and I don't think that would work out well. He is showing interest in learning so maybe, soon, he'll be able to start coming along.
I got my new bike a few weeks ago and just bought a basket to go on front--great for helping Elise when her backpack is heavy or a quick stop to Chevron to get my mug filled with a fountain drink (diet, of course!).

2 comments:

Polly said...

You look so cute on your bike!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are riding your bike and drinking diet soda. How much weight have you lost now? I'm very pleased that you are doing this for yourself. What's with Brady's hair? It sure looks short. I'm getting excited to come.
love mom