I was sad to leave but we were also excited to get back to nice, comfy beds and a little alone/quiet time.
I wanted to stop in Logan to visit a few placed. Our first stop was Gossner Farms. Right before we turned in to Gossner Farms, the winding roads of the canyon had gotten the best of Elise and she was our car-sick child
this time around. I passed Nate's mug back this time (I made sure to fill mine with pop before we left, for this very reason! he he he). Well, it didn't all make it in so we had to pull over and clean up and change clothes. Oy vey! Once she was cleaned up and feeling better we went into the Gossner Farms store. Let me tell ya, in my opinion, they make the BEST cheese curds! The kids enjoyed
watching the employees make some cheese through a glass window and I picked out a few bags of cheese curds and some other fun cheese. Then we went over to the sample area and had a few or..........a lot! But hey, there were several people at the sample area stuffing their faces so we just went along with the crowd! ....ahem.
From Gossner Farms we went to City Hall and looked around then drove up to the Logan Temple. It was a beautiful day and the temple looked quite beautiful. I like to think about the
history of the older temples and those famous Mormon pioneers who helped build them, it's quite fascinating. We took some photos and then we were off. I wanted to see a few more places
and stop for a bite to eat but Nate wanted to get home so that's what we did.
We got home and it was nice to unwind. We had a great little vacay. We were suppose to go to Lake Powell this week but the house boat we were going on needed to have an engine fixed. We were bummed for a while but once in Bear Lake we had no regrets. It was a wonderful time and the weather was perfect. We hope to go back soon!

3 comments:
What a FANTASTIC vacay to end the summer!
Looks like a fun trip! I love Bear Lake! We are trying to get our whole family up there for a week next Summer! I hope it happens!
You didn't stop at the Pepperidge Farms place? They sell the bags of cookies and goldfish SUPER cheap! Also, they have the Casco place there, too. They have an ice cream parlor (old style) and it's super good! I agree that Gossner has the best turds around. Love the squeakiness of it! Wish I would've known you were heading there and we would've told you to go to those places. Eh, next time. Oh, and the high school you saw between Preston and Logan was one of them they used in Napoleon Dynamite (when they were outside playing tetherball).
Post a Comment