Thursday, August 20th--Before I blog about Elise's 1st day of 2nd grade I want to take a moment to reflect on our amazing summer. I honestly think it's the best summer I've had for a very long time. We didn't do our usual Washington trip but we were able to make the summer fun regardless. I blogged about a few of the things we were able to do this summer: camping, Bear Lake, lots of boating courtesy of my Aunt Maureen and my sister, Alishia and her husband, Shad, neighborhood BBQ's, Salt Lake City Pass, etc. We also had a lot of fun hanging out with neighbor friends, bringing out the kiddie pool (or our neighbors blow-up water slide) and spending the day outside having lots of water fun and I was able to visit with my neighbor friends. AND, to my astonishment I've discovered my legs CAN tan! I have never been able to get them to tan unless I used some cream that turned them orange. It took plenty of sunburns but they are tan--not dark but it's a great start! The kids and I had great times having picnics on the front lawn or the porch. I truly believe Brady and Elise will look back on this summer with fondess and smiles.
I also started a pretty major diet this summer. It's a jump start to getting on track with a much more healthier life. Nate has also began eating better and working out. To date (Saturday, August 22nd) I am down 22 pounds. I was worried I was pre-Type 2 diabetic and I knew I had to do something. I actually don't mind the changes I've had to make and I'm also amazed that I haven't craved Coca-Cola since I started this all. I've been biking, as has Nate, and I love it. My neighbor and I will take turns biking our kids to school or picking them up. As I am getting older (34 in month!) I am also coming to some realities that I know I need to deal with. I only hope I can keep up the new life change and finally be at a size that I've dreamed of for so many years. It's so wonderful to have support from Nate too.
Jane 23
5 months ago

1 comment:
You already look fantastic!!!! You are going to keep up with it and be the healthy you that you want to be :)
Post a Comment