"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Party in Elise's Class

Friday, December 19th--I got a call from one of the room moms to come and help in Elise's class today. I happily accepted and enjoyed helping the kids out with the crafts. The first one was a plate the kids had fun painting. The purpose was to make a plate to hold Santa's cookies on Christmas Eve. A great idea...........just probably not for 1st graders. Most went a little crazy and kind of missed the point of the craft, not to mention all of them were as hyper as could be and had a hard time focusing to begin with. The other craft was a making a festive candy lei. All the kids did great on this one and were constantly asking if they could begin to eat some of the candy rolled up around their necks. Some were sneaky and others decided it be best to listen to Mrs. Mair and wait till they got home. At the end of class Mrs. Mair passed out gifts to all of her kids--they each received a cute Christmas book and some stickers and such. Then Elise passed out some goody bags she and I made the night before, to all the kids in her class. By now, the kids were pretty wired (all 29 of them!) and that is when I made my exit. I noticed there was only 20 minutes left before school was out so I took Elise with me. The first thing she did, when we got home, was open her new Christmas book and begin to read it. So sweet!
Aahhhhhh, now two weeks of no school begins! I hope it's a blast.......I really, really do!

No comments: