
Saturday, December 13th--Elise got her expanders in on Tuesday, December 9th. They went in quite easily and haven't bothered her much--only when I have to crank them. She is still adjusting to talking, eating and swallowing. She doesn't want to try and eat anything, we kind of have to force her. I've never had expanders in but I can imagine it's not very fun to have food caught in the metal. She's constantly trying to pick it out. The drooling gets a little annoying. She wipes it on her blankets so I'm washing them often. We've noticed she's lost a pound or two so it's time to get tough. If she had her way, she'd be happy to drink milkshakes and chocolate milk the whole time! The expanders will be in for about 6-9 months. In 3-4 months she will also have braces put in on the front 4 teeth--top and bottom--to bring the teeth back in to alignment. Once she's lost all of her teeth and the permanent ones are in then she'll get a full set of braces. Oh joy.....

.....not!
No comments:
Post a Comment