
Thursday, December 18th (Morning)--Oy vey! What a crazy morning! I got Elise and some neighbor kids to school just as the snow was coming down and turning drivers into retards. Shortly after it was time to get ready to go to Brady's preschool Christmas concert. And, of course, with only 20 minutes to get ready, Brady decided to throw a tantrum. We managed to get out of the house on time and driving was great till I got to the main road. A massive back-up

for miles (thanks retarded drivers!) As Brady and I waited for traffic to pick-up he said, "Mommy, take the back road." So I said, "Brady, I think the back road will be just as bad because a lot of people know about it now." He said, "MOM! You need to take the back road." Well, being prideful and thinking there's no way a 3-year-old could know what he was talking about, I chose to stay on the backed-up road. When we finally got to the intersection where the back road and the main road come together I noticed something really bad for my ego---there were NO cars on the back road! And to make matters worse, Brady noticed too. Next thing I heard, "MOM! I told you to take the back road and you didn't listen to me!" Rather

than the hour it took to get to the concert, it would have only taken 15-20 minutes. And, sadly, we missed the concert all together. We walked in just as people were leaving. I started to cry and tried really hard to compose myself. We took some pictures with Brady in the car he was suppose to sing a solo in. Then we wished Mrs. Petersen a "Merry Christmas" and were back in the car. I was so upset......at myself! I asked Brady if he was sad he missed his concert. He said, "Eh, no. I didn't want all those people to hear me sing." (he has a really cute singing voice!) It made me feel a little better but I still asked him to sing me all the songs he would have sang with all his preschool friends. Next time, Brady-bear, I'll listen to you!
1 comment:
I was once 45 minutes late picking up Connor & the other carpool kids from school at Learning Dynamics because of a backup on 73 during a snow storm. Stupid drivers...
Post a Comment