"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh Christmas Trees....

Wednesday, December 3rd--YES! Our two Christmas trees are decorated. Nate and the kids decorated the one in the downstairs family room. They did a superb job! You can tell Nate let Brady and Elise do most of the work, since most of the ornaments are at the bottom. And me, being ever-so-slightly OCD (yeah, right! More like major OCD!) has to have my own tree every year. This tree is in the front living room. I think it turned out the best it's ever turned out. I REALLY wanted a real tree this year but I didn't want to risk it drying out by getting it now instead of waiting a few weeks, which I didn't want to do. Oh well, one of these Christmases! These photos don't do our trees the best justice but that's okay, we're enjoying them and that's all that matters!

3 comments:

The Miller's said...

Oooh! Very very pretty. I think they look awesome! Tell the kids great job! And yours gorgeous :-) Great idea having two trees by the way, I'll have to do that next year (this year we don't even know what we're doing yet...won't go into it here though :-P)

Amanda said...

Well, the kids did a great job, but Nate could've fluffed out the tree on top a little better. It looks like it's smashed! haha! Also, on the train that's circling it, it appears that Herbie is on it! Is that who it's supposed to be? I have to finish ours at moms with my ornaments I finally found and it'll look all nice. We're putting up our 4ft one downstairs with our family ornaments and leaving the one upstairs all fancy.

Melanie said...

Very pretty! That is so cool that you have two trees! THe problem with my house right now..no room. Maybe once we have our basement done which is YEARS away!