"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elise's 1st Grade Christmas Concert

Thursday, December 18th (Evening)--It took me all day to get over missing Brady's preschool concert but I was able to smile again as we made it to Elise's 1st grade Christmas concert in time. Our wonderful neighbors saved us seats just a few rows back from the front. All the 1st graders look so cute as they sang all the fun songs they've been practicing for a long time. They sang: "We Wish You a Swingin' Holiday", "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas", "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth", one of the songs from "Polar Express", and a few others. There was also an adorable slide show of all the 1st graders played to the song, "Believe" from "Polar Express". All the 1st graders dressed in pajamas. A week ago I got some snowflake pajamas for Elise, from Childrens Place. For the song, "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas" the kids wore hats and sunglasses to give that "rebellious" look as they sang. It was pretty funny since they also bobbed their heads from side to side. Great job, Elise, and all the 1st graders at Pony Express Elementary!
We came home after to drink some yummy hot chocolate with crushed candy canes. Nate's dad, Dan, was able to come and watch too. We all had a great night and it more than made up for the upset this morning.

No comments: