"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Haagen-Daaz....you ROCK!

Tuesday, December 16th--Last night we went to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point. They were pretty cool then off to Albertson's to see if they had any fun Christmas-type ice cream flavors. I was on the hunt for a specific flavor I discovered at Primary Childrens Medical Center. After visiting my nephew, a few weeks ago, we went down to the cafeteria and they had a Haagen-Daaz flavor I hadn't seen before: Peppermint Bark. I bought it and it was YUMMY! So I found it last night and also saw another flavor I hadn't seen before: Creme Brulee. So amazingly good too! So here's two flavors I HIGHLY recommend. Creme Brulee is really rich, a few spoonfuls and you're good to go.
And if you've discovered an ice cream flavor that is incredibly yummy please share with me! Like I need it! But hey, ice cream is just one of my favs!

3 comments:

The Miller's said...

I guess so! I seem to remember you recommending another flavor sometime back. As far as recommendations...Ben and Jerry's oatmeal cookie, and I think it's Dreyer's that has a bubble gum flavor where the "gum" bits aren't actually gum and so you don't have to build up a wad while eating, or spit out the pieces until the end. Any other of my favorites are ones you've already had I'm sure...Ben and Jerry's Phish Food, and Tillamook's plain old Chocolate, and Breyer's Vanilla is great alone or as the base for any toppings. There are a few recipes I know that I consider to be evil because they are too easy to make, one of them is a caramel topping for ice cream and it's better than any store bought kind by like 1000%. It's on my cooking blog, here's the link: http://amberlyplacecookingcorner.blogspot.com/2007/06/caramel-sauce.html

Anonymous said...

Hey Audra!

Right now our families current favorite (besides Dreyers peppermint) is Premium Selects Fried Ice Cream. It has little CRUNCHY pieces in it. Briggs loves fried ice cream so we're always looking for the perfect one and this one is it. It's the first one that we've ever found with actual crunchy bits, all the others are mushy and gross.

I'm excited to try the peppermint bark! Sounds yummy!

See you tonight?

Polly said...

My favorit is actualy acombo of pitachio and choclate. Yum yum-
Your kids are so big!
Also- it is possible to have type 1 and 2 diabetes- but rare. Teenagers are the worst diabetics- in denial about their body and its needs, horrible diet, crazy schedules and the girls soon figure out that if they don't take their insulin they get skinny. Very frustrating to take care of. I had one patient that was admitted for a ketoacidosis coma 6 times in one year! We hope you have a great Christmas. Lots of love from Nevada City.