"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2 & 3--Tribute To My Special Man

Tuesday & Wednesday, March 2-3--Oh my, how the days fly by! Today is a double-scoop of pure sweetness which means double the toothache (How's the toothache, Bub?!)! he he he
Nate is a hard worker! Yeah, he works in his pajamas 3 days a week (the other two he's in the office wearing regular work clothes) but he deserves it--as I'm sure most providers do! I get that he's lucky to be able to work from home those 3 days. I also get that I'm lucky he's able to do that so I can go to work a few hours a week or run errands without kids, etc. But honestly, the way the last year has been, he's earned it. The company Nate works for has been threatening bankruptcy for over a year now. Unless they get a buyer for the division he works in then that's the plan. There have been interested buyers come and go. He's worked longer hours and his Blackberry is beeping or buzzing non-stop (I've been up at 2:00 am and heard the darn thing go off!). It really sucks he's paid salary cuz the overtime he'd earn would be HUGE. He's had one boss change after another as the "higher-ups" get these "brilliant" ideas that they can get rid of people competent and capable of doing their job and replace them with well, the opposite! He's seen co-workers come in to work thinking they have security in their jobs only to be laid off that very day. There's been 1 or 2 that came back from vacation and instead of "Good morning, welcome back!" they've been told "This is your last day of work." Oy vey, I could go on and on. In all of this madness he's kept his cool, for the most part. There's days when I can tell he's had a really rough day and he's getting tired of the drama. When I've been checking employment websites and classifieds, in and out of state, he's basically told me to relax, he's not worried. I don't know how he keeps his cool but he's confident everything will be okay, whether he keeps his job or has to find another, and I know I need to trust in that. I'm just not a fan of the unknown! I'm really proud of him and his hard work. He is such an example to me!
Nate is a financial controller/accountant. I gotta admit, when I first met him and found out he was going to school to become an accountant I jumped for joy! I am terrible at saving, investing and being "smart" with money (thanks mom and dad! he he). I knew I needed to marry someone that could whip my butt into shape on that particular concept! Of course, there are MANY reasons for wanting to marry Nate but I was really happy about this one and he did not disappoint. From the start he helped me pay off my credit card debt and get us on the right track to being debt-free. When Elise was born, I quit my job to stay home with her. With his income alone, the numbers didn't match up against the bills we had. And, just like this whole job drama, I worried and panicked but he didn't, he was prepared and had put most of my paychecks into savings before Elise was born. Then came the great news several months later, a promotion and raise! Phew!
While I still panic and worry more than I probably should, I know that, whatever happens, Nate will do what he needs to do to provide for us. He always has, he always will--even if that means no more working in pajamas! Although he's really hoping that never has to happen! : )

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Keep 'em coming... no tooth ache yet.

Your family pic looks incredible!!