"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 5--The Day Before You

Friday, March 5th--I LOVE the band, Rascal Flatts! Many of their songs lyrics are just amazing. Whether they write the songs or choose songs from other writers, the song lyrics are perfect words for my emotions and feelings. One of their songs is "The Day Before You":

"I had all but given up
On finding the one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready to settle for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
Oh, but that was on the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changin'
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

In your eyes I see forever
It makes me wish that my life never knew
The day before you
Oh, but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shapin' my heart for the day that I found you
You're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you

Now you're here and everything's changin'
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you

Was the last day that I ever lived alone
And I'm never goin' back
No, I'm never goin' back"

Honestly, I had a great life before I met Nate. Much of it revolved around church (my awesome singles ward), my friends, my parents, exploring the amazing western part of Washington (gosh I miss fresh air!) and a pretty nice job. I got to work with my best friend, Donna, we shared an apartment together. The two of us and a few other friends had a BLAST spending time together, had tons of fun while racking up credit card debt in the process. Every week we played volleyball, racquetball, and went to dances. It was really a great time and I cherish it immensely (the credit card debt is pretty embarrassing but I don't regret the memories we all made thanks to them, eventually the credit card debt got paid off). But even with all these wonderful things and people, I was pretty lonely. I needed romance, love, and affection. I had, and still have, some wonderful guy-friends, many of which I would have happily dated. Our friendships seemed strong but never went beyond that. When I met Nate, that all changed. We clicked instantly. At first, neither of us wanted to admit we felt something because we were worried the other person didn't feel the same. Luckily, that only lasted a short while. Both of us came out of our shells and realized we totally felt comfortable with each other and sharing our emotions for each other. It was really weird at first! There were times I had thoughts of convincing myself that he could never feel for me what I feel for him. Just as fast as the thought would come, another would overcome that thought, the thought that he does love me and wants to be with me. It brought a peace to my heart that I didn't even realize I was in need of. Just like the song says, all of lifes experiences, good and bad, led up to the day I met Nate and discovered he's the one my heart belongs to--it always has.
I love you so much, Nathan, you are everything I need!

No comments: