Monday, March 8th--Sorry, couldn't help that title. Maybe I've seen one too many "Maury" or "Springer" shows. They crack me up though and I can't help but be incredibly happy and confident in that I know EXACTLY who my babies daddy is (10th paternity test is the charm! he he he j/k).I gotta admit, I wasn't sure the kind of dad Nate would be. I could tell he loves his nieces and nephews and enjoys playing with them but I never s
aw him holding babies or caring for them. I wasn't worried, just unsure at how involved he would be.
aw him holding babies or caring for them. I wasn't worried, just unsure at how involved he would be. That all changed the night I delivered Elise. Right after she was born, he held her, smiled like crazy and watched as the nurses cleaned her up and all. Yet, he seemed nervous. I totally understood that, I was nervous too! As the nursing staff was getting ready to move me to the room I'd be staying in for a few days, they took Elise away and told Nate to come with. We didn't know it before hand but the nurses took Nate into the
bathing area and had him bathe Elise. They helped him get her all nice and clean. A bonus for us was when Nates parents, his brother and his wife, showed up right before. His mom took pictures of him bathing Elise. Those pictures are so precious to me. That nervous Nate I saw in the
delivery room was gone and he happily stepped into the role of dad. From there on he wanted to change the diapers, to feed her, hold her and just stare at how perfect she was. I was in awe of this new dad!
Since then, it's just got better and better. In a months time Nate will baptize that little baby he became a first-time dad to, almost 8 years ago. I know I'll see that same smile I've seen thousands of times when it comes to our kids. His family is everything to him and I'm so thankful for that!

No comments:
Post a Comment