"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 9--He Loves Me for Me

Tuesday, March 9th--I'm fat, moody, look terrible in the morning, irritating, annoying, whiny. I complain, gripe, criticize, and overreact. I've been on one crazy diet after another, lost weight and gained it back. I will start projects but don't finish them. But, thankfully, more often than not, Nate seems to overlook all of that and see the better in me. I feel really undeserving sometimes. There's days when I just plain don't want to be nice, for various reasons, and he will still smile at me, ask if there's anything he can do for me, hug me or kiss me, etc. Usually a hot bath, good nights sleep and kids cooperating and being nice to each other puts me in a better mood the next day. Nate doesn't seem to get mad or frustrated all that often. I'm so happy for that!
I know Nate's put up with a lot over the years and vice versa. Our marriage is a continual work in progress but I'm happy it's headed in the right direction and we're doing good. We've evolved and worked hard to compromise. Tomorrow is the big day! We made it!

No comments: