
Saturday (evening), October 31st--After the kids appearance on TV, we walked back home and ate dinner. Since we hadn't had Daylight Savings yet, it didn't get dark till 6:30-ish. It was kind of weird but many of us started earlier. I found some amazing coupons for full-sized candy bars at Costco so we got a few boxes along with a bag of smaller candies for the little kids. It was a hit, needless to say! Nate took the kids out for a while and I passed out candy and cleaned up the tornado-of-a-mess the kids left prior to going out to trick-

or-treat. When Nate returned I took the kids around our street. A few of our neighbors did some pretty cool stuff! One, the Parry's, had a spooky looking yard and served up hot dogs and hot chocolate. Then we hit up the Alonzo's who had done a haunted porch. It was very creepy and scared the kids quite a bit. We walked up into the covered porch to find 3 skeleton men hanging from ropes. There was fog everywhere and creepy music. To get to the candy you had to walk pass the "dangling" men. Brady and Elise were not too happy about that. I laughed and walked over to the bucket of candy and then one of the dangling skeletons said something and freaked us out! I laughed

and demanded to know which one was Tony Alonzo--he revealed himself and, as we laughed, made Elise and Brady feel better. It was incredibly creepy-awesome! I don't know if they can out-do that one for next year! When we got home I convinced Elise to take Nate over to the Alonzo's house. He walked into the porch area and I could hear him screaming (faking it, I think......) and he said, "Elise, help me!" She wouldn't budge! It was so funny!
When they got home we dumped out the

candy buckets and well, they got tons! We put it all in one bowl and let the kids eat a few pieces before baths and bed. Our last trick-or-treaters came at 9:00 pm. They got handfuls of candy since we had so much of the little pieces left. They looked very happy and I was happy to get rid of it, considering the big bowl full of candy sitting on the counter in our kitchen! It was a WONDERFUL Halloween!
Earlier, in the afternoon, Nate and I had a great time attending
Desert Star Theater. We saw "Snooty and the Beast". It was pretty funny! They were giving out season tickets for best costume. I dressed as a witch. I didn't get picked as a finalist though. I was bummed but we had a great time anyway. I recommend getting season tickets! We have t

hem and love it!
Just for kicks and giggles--a pic of me with my sparkly black lipstick. Kind of a dark, goth moment, I guess.
2 comments:
Hi Armstrongs,
I really think you will love this song especially since you actually have the original on your playlist.
The purpose of the song is to inpire and promote research organizations dedicated to finding cures to terrible diseases.
Enjoy,
Molly Johnson
Mother of Sarah dxd @ 3yrs old
somewheretheresacure.org
You need to show Elise my pics from halloween and the fact that she and I had the same witchy stockings! haha
Post a Comment