Here's what I did:
*Use the cardboard of a shoebox to make the ornaments out of
*Go through the "Forgotten Carols" book and copy the ornaments on pieces of paper (to be traced onto the cardboard). When traced, use sharp scissors to cut ornaments out of the cardboard. (I might still have my "templates", if you're local)
*Get some craft paint in: brown, red, beige, white, gray, & burgundy
*Use a black Sharpie for detail*I used glitter glue over the red cross, star, and Handel's pen
*For the star, I bought inexpensive rhinestones and a large pearl bead--I hot glued the rhinestones on and cut a hole out in the middle and hot glued the pearl bead in. In the back of the star, I glued a strip of cardboard into a circle in order to place the star on the top of the tree
*I found an old scrap of white fabric, cut a strip, and freyed (sp?) it then tied it into a bow
*I found dried flowers and made a small bouquet and tied it with raffia to represent the corsage.
*For the curtain over the innkeepers door, I found another piece of fabric and cut it to fit into the doorway. You can make a pattern on paper and cover the door with that, if you don't have fabric.
*Hang ornaments on small tree with white lights. It's a great conversation piece and reminder of such an amazing story.
If you would like to purchase "The Forgotten Carols" book and/or CD of music, they can be bought at Deseret Book or Seagull Book.
If you're interested in doing this craft and need more details please let me know!

1 comment:
OH MY GOSH!! You are so awesome! This is such a great idea! My in-laws have the book & the movie & they read or watch it EVERY Christmas Eve! Making them the ornaments would be a great gift idea! I would have to find a small tree but that would be perfect!! Thank you thank you! I don't have the book so I don't have patterns...you said you might still have yours...do you? Could I borrow them? Seriously Audra..YOU ROCK!! What do you store the ornaments in??
Post a Comment