"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Berfcake Alishka!

Sunday, November 30th--Tomorrow is my sister, Alishia's, 37th birthday. She wanted to eat at the Golden Corral, a buffet-style restaurant so we headed down to Salt Lake to do so. It was good eatin' and fun company. After that we went back to her house for cake and ice cream. I was so happy to be able to see little Bohdee again. He remembered me and kept jumping up on my lap to give me cuddles and loves. It's nice to see he's adjusting to his new home and enjoying it. Alishia lives next door to my grandma, aunt and uncle. I went over to visit with my grandma for a little while. She pretty much has no clue who I am, or most people, anymore. It's very sad. She kept rambling on about things that didn't make sense at all. She would be in the middle of a story and change to another one. My aunt is going to put her in an assisted living home soon and I think that will be the best for her needs. She can't even remember long enough to get up and use the bathroom or eat. As sad as it is to say, at this point, it would be best for her to just pass away. The meds she's been on to help her dimentia are no longer working. I have to just keep telling myself, "The Lord will call her home when it's time."
Well, Happy Birthday Alishia! I hope your family is able to make it a special day for you, since you're a special person! Cherish the next three years because I am SO making a big to-do out of your 40th birthday!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Apparently, the actual birthday was no good. You better yell at those peeps over there! Oh, and when I read Alishka, I laughed pretty good. Mom STILL says that! Thank goodness I have no nickname from her. *phew* Although, I think when Loyd calls me Manners, it's worse than anything else! "Mom... Manners is here" LMAO!