"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful for Happy Places.....

Thursday, November 27th--HAPPY THANKSGIVING, by the way! There's a scene in "Dumb and Dumber" where Loyd Christmas (played by Jim Carrey) is getting beat up by a truck driver in a public bathroom stall. As he's being beaten to the ground, Loyd is saying, "Find a happy place..... Find a happy place....." The movie is so incredibly hilarious, in my opinion, but Loyd Christmas also makes a good point! Who would have ever thought I could extract a life lesson from a movie with a title that says it all?!?!
Usually our moments of "strife" aren't while getting pummeled by a truck driver in a bathroom stall. Most of the time, they're not even physical, instead, emotional like stress or frustration. But in our moments it's best to find that "happy place" to get you through. For me, it's either found in my imagination (I love planning out how my dream house looks inside), remembering fond memories, going for a drive, or just escaping to a quiet room for a moments peace.
I hope you have your "happy place"! I don't think there's enough people who have "happy places". It makes me sad and stressed.......gotta go to you-know-where!...................(10 minutes later) aaaaaahh, much better now!
Enjoy your turkey day! And if your hosting, like me, make sure you have a "happy place" to go! ha ha ha

No comments: