"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Thankful....

Thursday, November 13th--It is only two weeks till Thanksgiving. I'm excited to be able to be with family and enjoy a wonderful feast of food while visiting and mingling.
I've been thinking quite a bit about things I'm thankful for. The list stretches for miles and miles but the things I'm most thankful for, I hope, are very obvious. First, and foremost, my husband, Nathan. I have chosen to spend eternity with him and he has chosen me. Having that freedom to choose is precious. I know, in other cultures and religions, that is not always the case. Our marriage continues to evolve and change as we learn more and more about each other. I think that is healthy for a marriage and I'm thankful it exists in ours. He and I both tolerate plenty from the other but our love for each other remains strong. He provides for our family and works very hard to do so. Once again, his company is going through a large round of lay-offs and he's been informed his job is safe again. I know his faithfulness in paying a full tithe is the reason for this great blessing.
I am incredibly blessed he has such an immense love for our children. He plays with them, he puts them to bed with stories and prayers, he shows them love and tells them of his love for them--I could go on and on.
There's plenty more I could say about Nate but the bottom line is: I'm thankful for him and for all that he is and contributes to my blessed life. I love you with all of my heart forever and always.
More to come on things that I'm thankful for!

No comments: