"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Disney On Ice

Saturday, November 15th--In case you didn't figure it out already, when we can't make it to Disneyland we get our "fix" by attending "Disney On Ice" every year. This is a great show and we love going. This time the theme is "100 Years of Magic". How that can be, I don't know since Mickey Mouse wasn't created till the 1920's--unless the celebration is Walt Disney's 100th birthday (not sure when he was born). Anyhoo, we decided this was one of the best ones yet--aside from the "Disney Princess on Ice" that Elise and I attended earlier this year. Nate got us great seats on the 10th row, front and center. We really love seeing the kids react to everything. They jump up and down when their favorite characters come out. They love seeing the fireworks. Every time I go I wonder if either one of the kids would be interested in taking ice skating lessons. One of these days I should look into it, see if there are any around and how much.
If you've never attended one of these, and you're a Disney fan, I HIGHLY recommend you go and take your family or friends. We usually do a matinee showing and get inexpensive seats. Here's some pics (you can click on them to get more detail):

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

My cousin is in "Disney on Ice" this year. She plays Jessie (from Toy Story 2). She was a junior olympic champion, but then ruined her knee...so she never made it to the real olympics. Instead, she does shows like this. She was Sleeping Beauty (I think) in the Disney Princesses on Ice Mexico tour over the summer. Glad you liked the show!