"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Was Great!

Thursday, November 27th--We had an excellent Thanksgiving! Nate and I enjoyed having a good chunk of his family over for a delicious Thanksgiving feast. Most of the family arrived between 2:00 and 3:00. We did a Wii bowling tournament---Elise kicked our butts in a humiliating way. Nate turned on Wii Fit and that became a huge interest (yes, it's THAT good!). Dustin made some fabulous garlic, parmesan & mozarella mashed taters. I think I cooked the best turkey I've ever done---there is something to be said about trying too hard, I didn't do that this time and it worked out incredibly well! Rosemary made some delicious pies: banana cream (so good!), pumpkin and cheesecake. Kip brought some tasty rolls, some from Great Harvest and some that were home-made. Jenny brought some wonderful fresh veggies.
After our bellies were full we sat around chatting, playing games and then we put on both "Robot Chicken", Star Wars 1 & 2. They are so hilarious! Everyone had a good laugh.
Fortunately, we all managed to stay healthy for this day. It was a huge relief since 2-week-old Danika was with us. Everyone enjoyed holding and cuddling with her. I think I even got a little smile out of her! She slept most of the time but then Crystal fed her and she was wide-awake, looking around. She responded to voices and people moving around. It was very sweet!
Dan wrote a most hilarious song about all the pets the family have had through the years. He wrote the song to the tune: "We Three Kings". He even sang it for us! I would post it but I don't have his permission at the moment.
Jenny was so nice to bring her newspaper with all the ads. We went through them and made a list of things we wanted. Just about everyone had plans to start early on Black Friday, Nate included. (I'm SOOOOO happy he's willing to get up so early!)
I enjoyed being able to talk to my parents and sister, on the phone. It seems everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I'm so thankful for that. What a great holiday! To be able to reflect on the many things we can all be thankful for and have a special day for it as well, it's just a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I SOOOOO wish there had been a way to be with both families this year. But with little Danika joining you it's probably best we weren't. Bret, Christopher, and I are all so very sick.
We missed you.