"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds." --From "The Notebook"

Friday, November 21, 2008

Are You Ready?

Friday, November 21st--I'm ready for Christmas, how about you? Yes, I know Thanksgiving is still coming up but I'm just ready! Weather permitting, we're putting up Christmas lights tomorrow. This year I'm missing the Northwest quite a bit so we may go out and get a real tree (gosh, I love that smell!). I bought some new holiday Scentsy scents: Snowberry and Winter Wonderland(?). They're great! I've been listening to holiday music, on the radio, since November 1st and am only tired of "Feliz Navidad" (blech!). Our Christmas shopping is coming along. I bought some candy cane, white chocolate Hershey Kisses (soooooo yummy!). What can I say, I've got the Christmas spirit! ...........and it feels wonderful!
I feel a lot of gratitude. Nate and I are very blessed and we know Heavenly Father watches over our family. Our Bishop challenged all the members of the ward to be frugal this Christmas (stay out of debt when considering Christmas presents). What that means for Nate and I, we're not sure yet, but it's something we've thought a lot about. I'm thinking of inexpensive craft ideas to do this year, I have a few but am open to suggestions as well.
Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

The Miller's said...

I have a ton of ideas because I'm doing the same thing. I'll write more later...I'll probably put up a post about them, but if you get impatient nag at me to do it :-)

The French Family said...

Me too! I love the Christmas Holiday. No decorations up just yet but I'm thinking' the Saturday after Thanksgiving is going to be the day.
Post your crafty ideas because I think we're all in the same boat of being frugal this season and giving to those who really need it.

Bartlett Family said...

I wish I could put up Christmas decorations, but Brian would not allow it. Friday, everything is going up.
One idea that I have that I was given when I was at school was a melted snowman in a clear Christmas Ornament. You're welcome to see it (of course after Friday) to see how it was done. It's hard to explain, but looks easy. I'll keep brainstorming.

Amanda said...

Well, since you already opened your family gift that was supposed to be for Christmas, then you shouldn't buy anything else. Just unhook the Wii and put it under the tree as a reminder that you were supposed to wait. HAHA!
The captchka below is making me type: unholeni
Must by Armenian for unholy. HAHA!