This first one is something we got from a neighbor the very first year we were married. I've always saved it because I love that
they took time to do it and it's cute. It appears to be very inexpensive. It's a popsicle nativity and with it is a story called: "The Parable of the Popsicle". If you are interested in more details on how to do this Christmas craft, please let me know. (This is for you, Heather S.!)
Here's the story:
After eating a Popsicle on a hot day,
We may find the stick to be in our way.
So looking around we toss it aside,
Never knowing the parable it may secretly hide.
You see a long time ago far away,
Mary and Joseph needed a place to stay.
But innkeepers too busy to take them inside,
Just like the Popsicle brushed them aside.
Some didn't listen to the things Jesus spoke,
Not knowing the joy his words would invoke.
To some in the crowd his words were a guide,
But many just mocked him and brushed it aside.
Now in modern day we see it happen once more,
Some hear him knocking but don't answer the door.
Too busy to answer we keep him outside,
And just like the others we've tossed him aside.
So don't let this Christmas time go like the others,
Be kind to your family, your friends and your brothers.
Don't toss this parable away with the season,
Keep it around to remember the real Christmas reason.
You see the Popsicle stick will always outlast,
The treat on the outside that disappears so fast.
Just like the teachings of Jesus should too,
Not come and go like Christmases do.

1 comment:
You Rock Audra!! Thank you for posting this! I totally forgot until I was looking at this post! And then it hit me..."this must be the popsicle stick nativity Audra was talking about at Roundtable!" Thank you thank you! I want to do the nativity with my boys and the poem will go great!! I like your nativity! I may have to come look at it!
Post a Comment