Tuesday, November 25th--Maybe some of you think it's weird to be thankful for such a horrible disease but I'm discovering I am thankful for it and for the lessons I've learned thus far.I've learned:
*Our Father in Heaven knows our strengths and what we are able to handle, even though we can be absolutely clueless of them most of the time.
*As parents, our childrens lives (physically, spiritually and emotionally) are truly in our hands.
*We don't always understand why we're given the cards we're dealt but our level of faith and courage determines the outcome.
*patience, Patience, PATIENCE!!!!
*There is a difference between a 3-year-old tantrum and low/high blood sugar--it just takes a LONG time and many "experiences" to figure it out.
*A cure is on the way but in the mean time we make the best of our situation.
*Rather than make the disease a huge part of what Brady's life is, we MUST make it a small part and focus on his amazing talents and abilities instead.

*There will be good days and bad, regardless of the choices we make and regardless of how hard we try.
*There will be moments of breakdown and upset and that's okay.
*We can't do it alone. We lean on each other and on the Lord.
*There is support all around us if we take advantage of it instead of being prideful.
*Educating ourselves and keeping up with new developments is a must!
*There will be parents who send their coughing, vomitting, runny-nosed, feverish children to pre-school and Nursery/Primary. I can be angry over that or just understand that not everyone has to take their child to the ER over a little flu, so they probably don't comprehend our situation.
*Listening to our prophets counsel (paying tithing, no debt, savings and investments) has made it so this is not a financial hardship, just something to add to the budget.
*Trials can make or break family unity.
*Children can amaze us with what their able to endure.
I could go on and on but I think you get the jist. Life lessons, indeed........with more to come!

2 comments:
Wow! Awesome post Audra!
You're awesome Audra! I don't know if I could be as positive as you! You're a great example!
Post a Comment